Thursday, November 5, 2015

Inspirational Beading - Now Bigger and Better

It’s hard to believe – even for me – but Inspirational Beading turned 7 this past summer. It’s been an amazing journey of learning and inspiration. I’ve had so much fun sharing ideas and projects with all of my fabulous readers! There have been many changes and revisions over the years, with new segments, awesome guest posts, and fun giveaways to spice things up. Over the past year or so, things have been pretty casual as I put the finishing touches on Ancient Worlds Modern Beads – and that is about to change!

2010 Bead Palette
2010 Bead Palette


One of the only things that I’ve stuck with almost as long as the blog is my day job. Unfortunately, I recently found out that it is going to be downsized. I have something else lined up, but it won't be nearly as secure as what I've got now. The good news is that I’ll have even more free time to bring you great content – including more tutorials and projects! It’s time at last to get serious and make Inspirational Beading the best that it can be.

To begin this new journey, I’ve launched a Patreon campaign to help fund the blog and all the things I’ll need to keep it going (and growing). If you’re not familiar with Patreon, it’s an exciting crowd-funding style program that lets artists earn their bread by doing what they love. It’s very popular with YouTube and comic creators, as well as musicians and artists like Amanda Palmer. Unlike a Kickstarter campaign for a one-time project, Patreon allows artists to earn a bit of income for doing the work that they want to do, and maybe even do it a little bit better.

2011 Bead Palette
2011 Bead Palette


Here’s how it works: interested readers can become ‘patrons’ by pledging a monthly donation of $1 or more. In return, patrons get lots of awesome perks, plus the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with helping to support something you love. You can edit your pledge at any time, and any perks you receive are yours to keep!

Inspirational Beading patrons will have access to lots of great inspirations including: exclusive giveaways, free tutorials, a special member’s-only blog and newsletter, plus early access to special content like tutorials, projects, and videos. I have so many exciting things planned for you – I can’t wait to start sharing them!

2012 Bead Palette


If you’re not able to become a patron right now, not to worry. Inspirational Beading posts will always be free, and they’re going to be better than ever.

There is one extra way that you can help me and your fellow readers though: send me your questions, and I’ll turn them into informative posts for the blog. I want to hear all of your questions about beading, beads, jewelry design, blogging, and anything else you can think of! Want to talk books, Ancient Egypt, or fashion? Ask me about anything you’ve been pondering and I’ll turn it into a fun video. Email your questions with “Mailbag” in the subject line to InspiraitonalBeading@gmail.com and I’ll get started!

2013 Bead Palette
2013 Bead Palette


I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has been reading along so far, and all new readers, too! You keep my creative wheels turning. I couldn’t have made it this far without you, and I can’t wait to see where we go next. If you’d like to become an Inspirational Beading patron, or check out the available perks, visit my new creator’s page to learn more. Thank you!

Happy beading,

-Mortira


Copyright 2015 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


4 comments:

  1. How exciting... I just LOVE your site and often refer people to your tutorials!! I can't wait to see what is next!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I promise not to disappoint :) Stay tuned for more goodies.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog. I have learned so much from your tutorials. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! I hope you like the new projects to come.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com